Soft skill training teaches the person to be successful in obtaining and maintaining a job. Soft skills could be:
- Creating a resume,
- Applying to a job based on the announcement,
- Being appropriately dressed for the interview,
- Getting to the interview on time,
- Introducing oneself,
- Self-Advocacy, and
- Getting along with peers and co-workers.
Hard skill training teaches the person a specific trade or skill. Hard Skills could be:
- Participating an an apprenticeship,
- Participating in an internship to learn a specific skill,
- Learning a skill through a two or four year college,
- Starting a business, or
- Joining the armed forces.